what do we do?
We gather and process machine learning training data for AI applications internationally and have been providing services for cutting-edge AI businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies. We count Amazon, MasterCard, Sony and Portugal Ventures amongst our investors and are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the AI field.
how do we do it?
DefinedCrowd’s culture is about our four core values: Trust, Innovation, Passion, and Creativity. We like to think that we are a multi-talented, quirky and hard-working group dedicated to building a great platform, making our customers and community happy, and making our employees feel at home.
how can you help?
DefinedCrowd is currently looking for an experienced Assistant Controller to join this energetic, hardworking and fun team in our Seattle office. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for developing reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position based on past, present, and expected operations. This position also manages all activities related to ensuring the accuracy of the accounts payable and payroll processes and systems.
Manages and coordinates activities required to ensure an accurate AP system
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures to govern the payment of company bills
- Oversees compilation and preparation of all payroll data including credit cards and expense reimbursement
- Reviews and approves payroll deductions, interprets company policies and government regulations in connection with payroll procedures, and directs preparation of government reports
- Analyzes financial information and prepares various reports including Financial Model Building (forecast, budget, cash), month-end closings, and Weekly Dashboard
- Assists in researching and implementing new accounting pronouncements and in compiling monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in GAAP
- Provides technical accounting rule expertise and strays abreast of GAAP changes
- Prepares for financial audits and tax return preparation
- Recommends improvements, adaptations, or revisions to improve the efficiency of the AP and payroll departments
- Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses
- Directs preparations of budgets and prepares various reports required by regulatory agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience with GAAP, financial reporting, consolidation, foreign exchange and forecasting/budgeting
- Prior experience with computer-based accounting system implementation preferred
- CPA or public accounting experience preferred
- Advanced skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to travel internationally to meet with our other offices occasionally
- Able to collaborate with our other international offices remotely